Learn how to make our go-to sauce for Mediterranean-inspired meals and beyond: 4-ingredient dill garlic sauce!
One of the main reasons we love it is it’s hummus based — and hummus is an ingredient we almost always have on hand, so it’s quick and easy to make! Plus, it’s the perfect blend of creamy, zesty, and lemony.
We hope you LOVE this sauce! It’s:
& Easy to make!
4-Ingredient Dill Garlic Sauce
A 4-ingredient creamy hummus-based sauce with fresh lemon, garlic, and dill! The result is a tangy, zesty, herby sauce that’s perfect for salads, falafel, wraps, and more! Made with ingredients you likely always have on hand!
PREP TIME 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME 5 minutes
Cuisine Gluten-Free, Mediterranean-Inspired, Middle Eastern-Inspired, Vegan
Freezer Friendly No
Does it keep? 5 Days
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill* (or 1 Tbsp fresh minced dill / amount as recipe is written — adjust as needed)
- 3 cloves garlic* (minced)
- ~3 Tbsp water (to thin)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Prepare your sauce by adding hummus, lemon juice, dill, and garlic to a small mixing bowl, starting with 1 Tbsp (15 ml // or the lesser end of the range if altering batch size) lemon juice. Whisk to combine. Then add only enough water to thin so it’s pourable but still somewhat thick.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add garlic for more zing, lemon juice for acidity, and dill for a more intense herb flavor. Depending on the hummus you use, you may want to add a pinch of salt.
- Serve with things like crispy chickpeas, salads, wraps, and more (links above)! Will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days (depending on freshness of ingredients used).
*3 cloves garlic is equal to approximately 1 ½ Tbsp minced.
*2-3 tsp fresh minced dill can be subbed per 1 tsp dried dill.
*Recipe as written makes approximately 1/2-2/3 cup dressing.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amount of lemon juice, without optional salt, and with hummus that contains oil. To reduce fat content, use (or make) an oil-free hummus.
Nutrition (1 of 3 servings)
Serving: 1 three-tablespoon serving Calories: 54 Carbohydrates: 6.9 g Protein: 2.3 g Fat: 2.4 g Saturated Fat: 0.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.99 g Monounsaturated Fat: 0.79 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 118 mg Potassium: 72 mg Fiber: 1.8 g Sugar: 1.1 g Vitamin A: 38.07 IU Vitamin C: 3.98 mg Calcium: 37.01 mg Iron: 0.79 mg