As a society, we are getting sicker and sicker. Mentally, bodily and emotionally and they are all intertwined. Very often, we use antibiotics to treat bodily sickness although the problem is that we are severely overusing these drugs to that point these “bugs” are becoming superbugs and killing people due to something called antibiotic resistance. In addition to that, add severe adverse drug reactions and side effects, we use to make the problem even worse than it is.
Surely, the path we are at is not a good one.
The real issue is, antibiotics can’t and won’t kill the viruses viruses, only the bacteria, which means, antibiotics will not destroy viruses because antibiotics only target the structures that are being found in the bacteria. Due to the fact that the viruses don’t have that “stuff” inside of them, the antibiotic has nothing to attack.
On the other hand, we all know of some plants and herbs that can attack viruses and bacteria.
7 powerful antiviral and antibacterial herbs:
- GarlicIf you can’t stand to eat it, get the odorless capsules and eat it like candy. For viral infections on the skin, you can pulp raw garlic and wrap it in gauze.
- EucalyptusIt has an active compound called Cineole, a common ingredient found as a compound of cough syrups. This is an effective antiviral and decongestant, so its function is to help fight your cold while eliminating congestion and reducing the inflammation as well. We recommend that you get eucalyptus essential oil and put it in a diffuser in order to make it airborne for treating your respiratory problems.
- SageIt has similar features that eucalyptus has. It uses the vapors to treat sinusitis and lung illnesses.
- PeppermintIt contains menthol which is an ingredient that can relax the muscles of the respiratory tract so it makes breathing more easy. This combination with the antioxidant properties of the peppermint and potent antihistamine, menthol becomes powerful decongestant.
- Licorice RootOver 20 triterpenoids and 300 flavonoids have been isolated from licorice. Many recent studies have shown that these metabolites possess many pharmacological properties, for example antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antimicrobial and many more.
- ThymeThis herb is another ancient remedy that is used to treat respiratory tract and bacterial infections like pneumonia.
- OreganoThis one is a powerful antioxidant and antiviral, so we recommend that you take 1 – 2 drops of oregano oil and also, you can mix it in a glass of water or juice. Personally, I like to put it in capsules and swallow because I don’t care for the potent taste. It is packed with nutrients and vitamins as well.