This green pea hummus is light, refreshing, and perfect for summertime! It’s an easy vegan dip made with green peas, olive oil, lemon, garlic, and fresh parsley. Enjoy it with sliced veggies and crackers, or spread it on sandwiches and toast. It’s ready in 10 minutes with 10 simple ingredients!
Wait, hummus made with PEAS? I know, it may sound odd… but trust me on this one. Green pea hummus is my new favorite dip! We’re saying goodbye to chickpeas (just this once!) and using green peas instead. The result? A vibrant, refreshing, sweet yet savory, light and summery dip.
This green pea hummus is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free
- Light, refreshing, and subtly sweet
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Made with 10 healthy ingredients
- Unique in its flavor // Subtly sweet yet savory
- Great for summer and warm weather!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN GREEN PEA HUMMUS?
This green pea dip is made with just 10 ingredients:
- Green peas: Green peas are the center of this dip. Use frozen green peas and let them thaw before preparing the recipe.
- Tahini: Tahini helps to create a creamy consistency. This nut-free spread is made from sesame seeds.
- Olive oil: I recommend using a high-quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice or store bought lemon juice can be used.
- Garlic: We’ll use a couple of garlic cloves, but you can add more if you’re a big garlic lover.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley lightens the dip and adds some freshness to the overall flavor.
- Seasoning: In particular, we’ll use onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Water: Add more or less water to achieve your desired consistency. More water creates a thinner spread while less water creates a thick + chunky dip.
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS WITH GREEN PEAS
To view the full recipe and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to read the recipe card below.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy peasy it is! No pun intended 😉 Start by allowing the frozen green peas to completely thaw. If you’re in a rush, you can microwave them for 2 minutes. Be sure they cool before moving forward with the recipe.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or a blender. Process the ingredients until a thick paste is formed. Add water, 2 tbsp at a time, until you achieve a consistency that looks good to you. I like mine on the thinner side, so I typically use 3-4 tbsp water.
HOW TO SERVE THIS RECIPE
Dip: Enjoy it with sliced vegetables, like carrots, celery, bell peppers, and cucumber. Also, use it as a dip for crackers and warm pita bread.
Spread: Spread it on sandwiches, toast, veggie burgers, bagels, and homemade pizzas.
Dressing: Toss it in your favorite salad or pasta for a light and refreshing meal.
Use frozen green peas. I do not recommend canned peas. Stick with frozen green peas and let them thaw before beginning the recipe. If you’re in a rush, you can microwave the green peas for 2 minutes instead of waiting for them to thaw. If you do this, allow the peas to cool down to room temperature afterwards.
Make it thick or thin. Alter the consistency by adding more or less water to the food processor. More water will create a thin consistency, while less water will keep it thick and chunky.
Store in the refrigerator. Saving for later? Transfer the green pea hummus to a lidded mason jar or airtight container. Keep it in the refrigerator. It will last for 5-7 days.
GREEN PEA HUMMUS
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Dip, Dressing, and Spreads
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This green pea hummus is a healthy vegan dip made with 10 ingredients. It’s light, refreshing, subtly sweet yet savory, and great as a healthy snack!
GREEN PEA HUMMUS
- 2 cups frozen green peas, completely thawed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2–4 tbsp water, as needed
- Green peas
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Add all ingredients (except water) to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process the ingredients until combined. Add water, 1-2 tbsp at a time, to achieve your desired consistency. More water will create a thin dip while less water will create a thick dip.
- Transfer green pea hummus to a bowl. Garnish with peas, olive oil, and fresh parsley.
- Store green pea hummus in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g